Sanam's Peri Peri Chicken with Rice
- For Chicken
2 lbs (Approx.) Whole Chicken
2 Tablespoons Sanam Peri Peri Chicken Spice Mix
2 Tablespoons Butter
- For Rice
2 Cups Basmati Rice
2-3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1/2 Cup Diced Onion
2-3 Minced Garlic Cloves
1/2 Cup Diced Green Pepper
1-2 Heaped Tablespoons Sanam Peri Peri Chicken Spice Mix
2 1/2 Cups Salt-free Chicken Stock
- Wash and dry chicken.
- Rub Peri Peri Spice Mix all over and under skin of chicken. Marinate for 2 hours or more.
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Dot with butter. Bake uncovered for an hour, or until temperature reaches 165F. If chicken is browning too much, cover with crushed up foil.
- Wash rice until water runs clear, let soak for 20 minutes.
- Place a large saucepan over heat and add oil.
- Add onion, garlic and green pepper, sautéing for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Peri Peri Chicken Spice Mix and sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, test for salt and add if necessary.
- Cover and cook for approximately 10-15 minutes on high heat. When liquid is no longer visible, lower the heat and steam for about 8 minutes, or until all the stock is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Let rest for 10 minutes, fluff gently with a fork and ENJOY!!
- Ingredients are an approximate, you can always add more or less as you desire!
- "Thank you Sanam for this excellent spice mix. Looking forward to trying your other spice mixes too." - Stella